Got a burning question? Cool cool cool. You can reach us below via the contact form or on the phone of course, but we get so many phone and email questions so often we wrote down answers to a bunch of them.
Don’t be that guy, check out the Q part of the F.A.Q. below first. Answers below.
- GlaaaAAAAArrrrrGGGhhhhh why can’t I ever get an appointment there, you SUCK!?!
- I drive all the way out from (*insert far away land here*) for services, but I just ran out of my favorite goo! Can you ship it to me?
- Your appointment system seems to be broken, it’s showing nothing for the next (two weeks, month, six weeks, etc.)
- You have a bunch of service options, but I have no idea what I need.
- I just need a trim. Is that cheaper?
- Ooh, I always hear about barbers shaving your neck. Should I get the “Razor Fade” with my haircut?
- What types of payment do you take?
- How can I buy a gift certificate?
- Do you cut kids’ hair?
- Do you cut women’s hair?
- You guys always have something going on, how do I keep on top of all the latest?
- I make/sell a swell product I think you should carry. How do we make that happen?
- I want to work there. How do we make that happen?
GlaaaAAAAArrrrrGGGhhhhh why can’t I ever get an appointment there, you SUCK!?!
Well sure, if you give us a milkshake. But no, we know it’s insane in here, but it’s actually not as bad as you think! Here’s how you get in the chair around here, because it’s totally possible:
- Make an appointment with one of our Long Range Barbers, whose availability is posted between two and three months out (get notified when new months open up by joining The Gaard.)
- Make an appointment with our Short Order Barber, one month out from the present date in week-long blocks.
- Make an appointment with The Sorting Hat, which will allow you to book beyond our barber’s current availability (currently up to six months out). But you don’t get to pick your barber. Just like Hogwart’s hat, the Sorting Hat will do it for you. Feel free to put in a request, but if the barber doesn’t happen to be available on that day/time we’ll put you with the nearest style barber we can.
- Walk in every single day (that we’re open) with our walk-in-only barber. They can book up quick though, check here to see hourly updates of the wait time, knowing that each fella that walks in since the last update can add up to an hour to those estimates.
Between new availability and cancellation spots, always check back HERE or on the MindBody app (search and favorite us), and make sure you join The Gaard, because members get a heads up the minute we open new availability. The rest of the world doesn’t hear about it until the next day, so you’ll be on the inside track, as it were.
I drive all the way out from (*insert far away land here*) for services, but I just ran out of my favorite goo! Can you ship it to me?
Come on now, we can do better than that. We made an entire webshoppe just for you! With our own house-made product line! And if you think there won’t be some ridiculous surprise included with your package, you don’t know Beardsgaard, man.
Your appointment system seems to be broken, it’s showing nothing for the next (two weeks, month, six weeks, etc.)
Not broken, just full up. We do, however, have plenty of cancellations because life, you know? Watch this here video to see all of the ways to get in here for an appointment, and learn how to get on the appointment wait list for cancellations!
You have a bunch of service options, but I have no idea what I need.
Although you didn’t say it in the form of a question, we’ll answer anyway. The best way figure out exactly what you need is to check out the full descriptions of our services, handily located on our online booking system or our service menu. If we didn’t want you to read them, we wouldn’t have spent all that time writing them.
I just need a trim. Is that cheaper?
Would we still be cutting all of the hairs? Yes? Then that’s a full haircut. If you just need the sides shaped, book a Buzz Cut instead of your usual Haircut.
If you just need to freshen up the edges, sideburns and neck of an existing haircut, that’s the Between Cuts service. Please don’t choose that one and come in 6 weeks or more overgrown. Because dude that’s not what that is. You need a full haircut.
On that note, please do not book a Between Cuts because nothing else was available and then expect a full haircut in the 10-minute spot booked. Just, so much nope.
Ooh, I always hear about barbers shaving your neck. Should I get the “Razor Fade” with my haircut?
No. If you don’t know what a razor fade is, you don’t want it. All of our haircuts are finished around the edges with the straight razor, but razor fades are even shorter than a zero clipper on the sides of the head, shaved completely to the skin with a razor. These haircuts are aggressively short on the sides, and while cool as hell, not for everyone.
What types of payment do you take?
We do like cash, because credit card fees suck, but we also take all major credit cards. Pretty much all of the things. We do not take checks though. What, are you still corresponding with carved stone tablets too?
How can I buy a gift certificate?
Multiple ways! Gift certificates can be purchased in-shop or on the webshoppe for what we like to call The Emerald Ticket, (a general Beardsgaard Barbers gift certificate), as well as the the River Peak Apothecary gift certificate for use exclusively on said webshoppe.
Do you cut kids’ hair?
As they say, we don’t cut kids, we cut “young gentlemen.” We do not offer kids haircut prices, as we put the same care into the wee haircuts as the adult ones. So if your little fellow is jazzed about getting a grownup haircut, this is just the place for him.
Because we are not a kid’s cut place, for the safety of your little squish and our fingers, we reserve the right to refuse service if a client (of any age, really) cannot sit still in the chair unassisted. Not because we don’t want to cut their hair (we love the wee ones), but because we want them to enjoy coming to the barbershop for a haircut like the big tiny people they are.
That means no hovering from parents (they absolutely chill out more when you chill on the couch), no kids on parent’s laps in the chair, and definitely no holding them down or whatnot. The only crying that should be happening in this place is when you have to forcibly drag them away from the toys in the kid’s area, which happens all the time.
Do you cut women’s hair?
We specialize in short men’s haircuts, we don’t give a fig what your actual gender is. That said, if you are a woman and bristle at being called sir, you would be best served by seeing a stylist. We have some great area recommendations.
You guys always have something going on, how do I keep on top of all the latest?
I make/sell a swell product I think you should carry. How do we make that happen?
We always start with samples, because while we have the final word on what makes it on our shelves, our clients tell us what they want. We use new samples on our product junkie regulars and every so often have little testing parties where those who do the buying around here tell us what they can’t live without.
If you do care to send along samples of your wares, first check out the offerings on our webshoppe to see if your brand fits with our current stock. Just because it is an excellent product made by excellent people does not mean it is automatically a good fit for Beardsgaard. A good rule of thumb is that if you use the word “modern” to describe it, it will definitely not be a good fit.
I want to work there. How do we make that happen?
We have a few positions we staff around here, but the only people that cut hair here are fully licensed barbers. We love our cosmetologist friends, but if you can’t shave, you can’t have a chair here.
We also staff the Shopkeep position and a Page position (usually a high school kid who wants to work their ass off and get a crash course in entrepreneurship). Read more and contact us HERE.