Hello friends! It is the beginning of March and we are still getting snow and below zero windchills, but March 21st means spring is here and dammit we’re feeling springy. Here are a few items we are both eyeing longing right now.
Tyler has plenty of manly finds of course, but fellas, make sure to check out Natalie’s section if you have a strange and/or androgynous elfin lady in your life.
Tyler’s Early Spring Wishlist | March
- Captain Fawcett Private Stock Beard Oil | $59 ~ Ricki Hall, everybody’s favorite bearded Brit uses Captain Fawcett, and the Captain is always such a joy on Instagram, I have been dying to try this stuff. It smells like cedarwood, black pepper, patchouli and palmarosa.
- Corbeau Luxe Herenschoenen Blauw/Cognac Handwerk Lederen Broques Met Leren Zool (fancy shoes) | $343 ~ Dutch, baby. These shoes are in my dreams for those days of dry pavement. Don’t be put off by the fact that the site is entirely in Dutch.
- Goorin Bros Sir Vince of Larimer | $140 ~ Being a bald guy, hats are my friend. This one is from my favorite haberdasher and made from Scotland’s own Harris Tweed for the want. So much want.
- Spreadshirt Bear Deer Beer T-Shirt | $24 ~ This has been making me chuckle since I first saw it.
- Vintage Chicago Map Belt Buckle from decembermoondesign on Etsy | $33 ~ I have a small but wonderful collection of belt buckles, and this one is going to need to be the next addition.
- Manready Mercantile Noble Series Candle in Cedar + Sage | $28 ~ After so many months of frozen hellscape, I want to smell the herbs and trees again.
- Uncommon Goods Planet Gear Toggle Switch Plate | $40 ~ Beardsgaard might well be needing some of these, but for now, I want these mods on every light switch in my home.
- Dean & Deluca White Truffle Oil | $15 ~ Spring in our house means spring vegetable risotto with peas, asparagus and mushrooms. This is a perfect finish and we totally ran out of truffle oil last year.
Natalie’s Early Spring Wishlist | March | Birthday Edition
- Black Milk Clothing Middle Earth Map Dress | $85 ~ Loads of my coworkers buy their insane leggings in bulk from this company (and they are built to handle a lot of wear and tear), and now Black Milk has a Lord of the Rings collection. As I I will be turning 31 at the end of this month, I may be needing to get this dress while I’m still young enough to wear something so small.
- Hunter Original Tall Rain Boot | $140 ~ Because Chicago is wet in the Spring and I do not own rain boots. My perfect color, too!
- Le Jackalope Fat-Fat Totem from leanimale on Etsy | $24 ~ When I was a kid I used to make and paint little tiny animals out of clay. And now there is Etsy. I absolutely covet this little fat-fat. It’s called a Fat-Fat! Come on. I can’t even.
- Guerlain Météorites Powder For The Face in Clair | $60 ~ There seems to be a massive internet cult around these little magical pearls of alchemy that supposedly give you a glowing halo of luminescent radiance or something. The pearls are handmade and there are supposedly only 4 people in the world that know the secret. I’m not getting any younger, and it’s so intriguing and preeeety…
- Hattori Hanzo Shears The Kamikaze | $1673 ~ ONE SHEAR TO RULE THEM ALL they say. Hattori Hanzo shears are as legendary as the name implies, and although my three current pairs of shears only cost half what these do, a girl can dream. It’s like cutting with SWORDS. Perhaps for my 10-year anniversary in the industry (still more than 4 years away)?
- Postcard From Pluto Shower Curtain from ArtfullyFeathered on Etsy | $60 ~ Our current shower curtain is starting to look sad, and we could really use a little life in our boring bathroom.
- Le Saunier de Camargue Fleur de Sel | $9 ~ I used to always have this on the table when I lived in Montreal, and I need that to be a thing that is around again. When the sea winds still on the southern coast of France, the salt rises to the top of the marshes and are raked by salt farmers. Each canister is signed by the guy who raked it. Because it activates your salivary glands it makes you taste more in your food, which actually leads you to use less salt!
- MCMC Fragrances Perfume Oil in Garden | $45 ~ I get a new perfume oil from this company every three months, and change the scent I’m wearing with the season. This one has essential oils of lemon, bitter orange, red thyme, lavender, myrtle and oak moss. I want to smell like growing things.