Remember last month’s wishlist post when we were feeling so springy? Yeah, right now, when clients sit down and we ask them how they’re doing, enthusiastic replies are few and far between.
This winter seems to have broken everyone, and although we have had brief glimpses of spring (and the bulbs are beginning to throw up green shoots! We saw little flowers the other day!), we all seem to have hunkered down again to wait out the (hopefully) last throes of winter. Consequently, our wishlist picks this month have quite a cold weather bent.
Tyler has plenty of manly finds of course, but fellas, make sure to check out Natalie’s section if you have a strange and/or androgynous elfin lady in your life.
Tyler’s Mid Spring Wishlist | April
- Campfire Cologne | $13 ~ How cool is this? This stuff is literally matches that you light on fire, blow out and let the smoke waft over your flannel and giant beard. It even says so in the description. Reeeeally want to try this stuff.
- Kenneth Cole Reaction More Tricks Oxford Shoe ~ I want green shoes real bad. I found these ones on Pinterest, but as of yet have not been able to find them for sale. Perhaps one day I will run across the perfect green shoes in person.
- Knife & Flag Core Apron in Olive | $80 ~ I have been making more of an effort to buy fewer cheap items of clothing, and instead go for only perfectly fitting, high quality pieces. That means that I should probably start covering up a little while cutting hair. And look at all of the pockets!
- 1924 Brand Whisky Soaked Campfire Jerky | $16 ~ Do I really need to say more?
- printinggrounds Set of Four Cloth Napkins | $36 ~ We could probably even make our own versions of this, but the sentiment can’t be beat.
- The J. Peterman Company Leather Galluses | $98 ~ Remember Elaine’s job on Seinfeld where they wrote over-the-top flowery prose for all of their clothing? Yeah, turns out that is a real company that has been around since 1987 and has some really great clothes. I have a bit of a suspenders addiction, but I do not yet have leather ones!
- Urbanears Plattan Folding Headphones in Harris Tweed | $210 ~ I have been all about everything Harris Tweed lately. I have also downloaded the entire Song of Ice and Fire audiobook series. These facts are entirely related.
- Worleys Lighting Walnut Modern Bookends | $119 ~ The lighting in our house is terrible. This, however, might end up in our future shop instead.
Natalie’s Mid Spring Wishlist | April
- DEsilk Handpainted Silk Scarf | $75 ~ It is still pretty cold out, but spring is coming, I know it! I want to wear something floaty and sky colored.
- For Strange Women Solid Perfume Locket with Natural River Stone | $76 ~ This Etsy shop is so unique and I want to check out quite a few of their wares. This locket, with a big polished white river on the front and whatever scent you choose inside. I keep looking at Violin in the Attic.
- Skinny Vinny Flyte Bowtie | $68 ~ We do so love bowties in this family – all three of us! This one is a little rich for my blood, but I have a mother-in-law that is magic with a sewing machine if I can find the fabric.
- Planetbox Rover Lunchbox | $40 ~ I have been eating lunch out far too much lately (at Antique Taco, which is perfection but can get expensive), and we are in saving-for-the-shop mode. Heating up leftovers can be a pain in our tiny and awkward little back room where the forks all grow legs and wander off, and I prefer to eat like a squirrel anyway. Basically, Bento boxes are how I was meant to eat, so this should be here any day now. Yes, I already ordered one, and I will make that money back in three weeks of not going out to lunch.
- Goorin Bros Mabel Rose Wool Cloche | $140 ~ As you may have noticed from the photos around this site, I love a good cloche. I saw this one in the Goorin shop on Milwaukee in Chicago, and I have not been able to get it out of my head. It is gorgeous.
- Edwin Jagger Tortoise Best Black Badger Shave Brush | $45 ~ Hudson Made was so kind as to send us some of their fantastic beard and shave soaps to sample (and we love them ever so much), but we could really use a better shave brush (we don’t shave much outside of the shop, you see).
- Dot & Bo Totoro Framed Print | $40 ~ We love Miyazaki in this house, all of it really, but My Neighbor Totoro might just be the favorite. Or Spirited Away? Or Princess Mononoke? So hard to choose. Nonetheless, we need this in the house.
- Nesco Snackmaster Pro Food Dehydrator | $75 ~ We recently began subscribing to NatureBox, which is pretty much the best thing ever for folks in the service industry who eat bits and pieces standing up in the back room when we get a moment, but we always go through the perfectly dried fruit so quickly. I want to make my OWN.