During the (still ongoing) pandemic, the following policies will be in place, and all safety procedures below will be strictly required to enter or obtain services at Beardsgaard. As we are a family oriented shop where there may be small children, we have a nice people only rule, and as such have a zero tolerance policy for hate speech.
Shop Safety Policies
- Beginning October 5th, Beardsgaard will require a one time vaccination confirmation to receive facial (beard and shave) services. With both young and immunocompromised clients in shop and barbers working mere feet from people’s faces, we must ensure there are no unmasked, unvaccinated faces indoors at Beardsgaard at any time.
- Masks are required to enter the shop, regardless of vaccination status, and must be worn at all times unless instructed by your barber to remove it for a beard/face service.
- For the time being, all staff will remain masked, although all are fully vaccinated.
- All services are by appointment only, although there are occasionally day-of appointments available, check here!
- If you have a positive Covid test, have been in contact with someone who has Covid-19, or have tested positive but not yet tested negative (regardless of time quarantined) you will need to wait until you test negative to book an appointment.
- Clients will NEVER be penalized because they had to cancel an appointment due to themselves or anyone in their orbit exhibiting symptoms of illness, but straight up no shows are subject to a fee of 50% of the cost of the missed service before they can rebook.
- We are not able to service any client who cannot sit unaccompanied in the barber chair, such as small children (we can provide service to any small children who can sit well with a mask on, provided they can abide by all other safety measures.) If children are of an age where they cannot wear a mask yet, we unfortunately are not set up to safely provide them services at this time.
CoVid Era F.A.Q.
- Do I need to be vaccinated to get services there?
- Do you need an actual record of my vaccination card on file with you to get facial services there?
- Do you cut small children during all this?
- What if my child is too young to wear a mask?
- But your policy used to be *any number of things!*
1) Do I need to be vaccinated to get services there?
Only to take your mask off for facial services like beard trims and face shaves. Everyone else is masked in shop at all times, from barbers to haircuts to the waiting area.
2) Do you need a record of my vaccination card to get facial services there?
Nope! Just show us your card once (on your phone is fine), we’ll make a note in your file that you did so (it just says FV), and that’s that, most of our clients have already done so. We keep zero medical information on file here.
3) Do you cut small children during all this?
Sure! Assuming they can sit still unassisted, as has always been our policy, and that they can wear a mask.
4) What if my child is too young to wear a mask?
We do cut plenty of tiny adults, but we have never been a kid’s-focused barbershop (we know, there are a lot of toys, they belong to the adults here). There are great places that cater specifically to littles, as well as salons that do not offer facial services to adults (therefore adults are all masked) that have the right setup to safely cut unvaccinated small people who cannot yet wear masks, but unfortunately we cannot be not one of those places at this time.
5) But your policy used to be *any number of things!*
We have done our absolute best to keep up with the changing situations and regulations, which, having followed rigorously, we have remained safe during the pandemic thus far. We don’t even get colds anymore. Better than that, we hear constantly from clients who come here because we have been this diligent about pandemic safety. Things will keep changing as this gets to its end (eventually?), and we endlessly thank those of you who have helped us keep this a safe shop during a time we couldn’t have possibly imagined when we got into the simple trade of barbering.
More questions? We have plenty more answers in the F.A.Q.