Until further notice, the following policies will be in place, and all safety procedures below will be strictly required to enter or obtain services at Beardsgaard. We will one day be the Beardsgaard you remember, but for now, this will be an old-fashioned barber-surgeon triage atmosphere. We will, however, do our best to make it as fun as possible.
Please understand that this has been and continues to be the most uncertain and stressful part of our personal and professional lives. Kindness is part of our DNA at Beardsgaard and will continue to be, but if you can’t be kind and/or do not wish to comply with these policies, we kindly invite you to go elsewhere.
BANNED STATES LIST AS OF 11/12
- If you have been to any of the following states in the last two weeks, you will need to quarantine for two weeks after your return before you can obtain services at Beardsgaard: New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Florida, Delaware, Connecticut, Colorado, Vermont, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Massachusetts, Tennessee, Alaska, Virginia, New Hampshire, Minnesota, Michigan, West Virginia, Maryland, Maine, North Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Ohio, and District of Columbia.
Shop Safety Policies
- All services are by appointment only, although there are often day-of appointments available, check here!
- Masks are required at all times, as of 11/20/2020, We will not be preforming any face shaves for the time being (haircuts, beards, and head shaves are still a go).
- No outside gloves are allowed in shop.
- Come alone to your appointment, unless you require a guardian’s assistance.
- When checking in with the Shopkeep, they will take your temperature, have a waiver for you to sign (see/print CoVid Client Waiver here), and then escort you to the sanitation station for hand washing.
- Clients will NEVER be penalized because they had to cancel an appointment due to themselves or anyone in their orbit exhibiting symptoms of illness, but straight up no shows are subject to a fee of 50% of the cost of the missed service before they can rebook.
NEW ENTRY NOTICE
- Front street parking is back!
- You can still park out back and walk around to the front if the front street parking is full. All entry to the shop must be through the front door.
Sadly, for the time being:
- There can be no shop dogs or visitor dogs, as they’re terrible at social distancing and would likely be confused by their barber people wearing loads of PPE.
- We are not able to service any client who cannot sit unaccompanied in the barber chair, such as small children (we can provide service to any small children who can sit well with a mask on, provided they can abide by all other safety measures.)