Each month Beardsgaard rounds up a collection of lifestyle covetables for both the gents and the whole family from around the interwebs that we know you weirdoes will love. Enjoy!
With Christmas just over a week away and our shopping happily done, we are ready to settle in for a service industry white-knuckled ride through these last days before Christmas. We shopped local this year, but not before scouring the internet (as we do) for gifty ideas.
This month’s Wishlist is full of wintery giveable goodies, from meat-related things to the wishes for the kiddo to the most badass coat of all time (for a certain subset of the nerdosphere, at least).
- Lillie’s Q – Carolina Dirt / $12 ~ Named after the clay-colored soil of the Carolinas, this barbecue rub has us dreaming of warm days. But because we are Chicagoans and will totally barbecue in the winter, we can bring the sweet and smoky flavors of summer to the winter.
- Wishing Ball / $32 ~ The Shop Kid is all about magic lately, and a permanent place to put her wishes like this beautiful blue blown glass ball sounds pretty magical to us.
- Captain Jack Harkness Coat / $300 ~ Natalie and Tyler would fight each other for this one. First person to bring us one gets free beardwork for a year, seriously.
- Fox Teacher’s Pet Backpack / $29 ~ As folks who live by the Fox River, the wee one definitely needs this backpack. Any excuse to phase out a bit more of the endless pink stuff.
- Paper Plane Necklace / $35 ~ If you have been around the shop lately, you might have had a paper plane flying overhead. Shop Kid has been enlisting the expertise of various patrons in her aerodynamic adventures. Natalie and Morgan might just trade this back and forth.
- Cheese & Crackers Serving Board / $48 ~ IT’S AN AMPERSAND. After spending her life around Bang & Olufsen, Natalie is big on the ampersands.
- Nymphs Lamp No. 17 / $199 ~ Yeah, it’s expensive as hell, but if it showed up in our house, we wouldn’t be mad.
- Cardamom + Coffee Body Scrub / $48 ~ 2 whole cups of scrubby goop that detoxifies, invigorates and smoothes the whole body. Natalie suffers from psoriasis, made worse by winter and stress. This might be just the thing to prevent her from turning into a dragon this winter.