He stalks the fjord-like waterworld of what was once the Great Lakes, fishing the shallows, foraging for the new spring greens, and always in search of high ground with no lights…other people are the greatest threat.
Or that might be him in another timeline. For the next few months he’ll more likely be stalking the trails of the local sparsely populated forest preserves and state parks, looking, despite all odds, for a trail he hasn’t been down before.
For the well-travelled, slightly crunchy, always prepared fella in your life, this collection is inspired by the wanderers of springtime:
- River Peak Apothecary: Fjordmist Beard Oil • The Apothecary’s green, misted springtime beard oil, made right next door, by us, to keep your beard gloriously beastly.
- Fat Felt: Felted Night Sky Dopp Kit • A finely crafted, beautifully tactile dopp bag to wrap up all your grooming goods.
- Captain Fawcett: Grooming Scissors • When on the road, you never know when you’re going to need to clean up some stray hairs or snagged threads on your robes. These can handle all of it, tucked safe in their leather case when not in use.
- Shear Revival: Fletcher Skin Repair • The outdoors is rarely kind to skin. When it is extra unkind, Fletcher Skin Repair is there to protect and soothe what ails ya. Always a good choice to keep in the dopp bag.
“What’s Their Character” Quiz Results
- What Apocalypse scenario would they do well in? Natural Disasters
- What sort of group would they move in? With a partner
- Where would they set up their headquarters? A cabin on an island
- The apocalypse will likely be occasional fighting for your life, with long stretches of boredom, how do they pass the time? Scouting
- What are they doing about food? Wild foraging
- What’s their biggest annoyance in the apocalypse (besides the obvious, i.e. zombies)? Other people
If that sounds on brand for the object of your gifting, read on. Want to try again? Head on back to the quiz. Not that there are any wrong answers here.
Model: Ryan Shaver, River’s Edge Bar & Grill
Location: Batavia Riverwalk, Batavia, IL
Not too many people on the river before sunrise, but the ones that were that day definitely gave us some looks on this one.