Over our five years in business, every barber that has ever worked here, even Natalie and Tyler, have been new to the majority of clients in our chair. Before you know it, they have a client list a mile long and are hard as heck to get in with.
So it was with Amanda years ago when she started with us as a nervous intern, and then Alex when he came to us an experienced barber in a brand new state. Now the two of them will become the third and fourth former Gaardians to go from Beardsgaard to business ownership!
Oh yes, all of these fools (plus Deena) = Business Owners
You know it’s time to head out of your own when your book of clients becomes a bit of a nightmare for the front desk to manage, and that happened a darned while ago for Amanda and Alex, who will be opening up their very own barber studio in 2020.
And now to answer a few questions we are sure to get on the matter, because we get a lot of odd questions when we change literally any aspect of staffing:
- Amanda is not leaving her husband Joey/fellow barber of Beardsgaard for Alex. They are work spouses only.
- Amanda’s last day at Beardsgaard will be Friday, January 10th, while Alex’s will be Tuesday, March 31st (it will be a soft opening for them).
- Barber Joey and Shop Dog Mia will stay at Beardsgaard! Again, they are still married, very much in love, not getting a divorce, don’t send them weird, concerned text messages.
- They’ll only be a couple of towns over, and we still have their favorite grooming products and people, we’ll still see their faces plenty, this is not farewell forever.
- Yes, we will be hiring another barber! But just one more full timer, because of how the shifts ended up squishing around.
Short of the confetti incidents and one near blinding (both Amanda’s fault), it has been our absolute pleasure to work alongside these two for lo these many years.
We are so proud to see them head off into the next stage of their careers, and wait, what’s that sound you’re hearing? That’s us cheering them on every step of the way. Maybe with kazoos and armpit fart noises. Seems like the Beardsgaard way.